5 star hotel in the centre of Arles in Provence
A hotel of character Arles designed by Christian Lacroix
A former 17th century Carmelite convent, the Jules César is now a hotel of character which combines elements of the 18th century with contemporary art, without forgetting its past.
Having been entirely renovated between late 2013 and early 2014 by the master of fashion Christian Lacroix, the hotel has impressed and surprised us.
The hotel is a real journey through time, where nothing is left to chance. The days of yore are recounted in the lobby, with busts of Julius Caesar and Venus. Then, reference to the existence of the old monastery can be found in certain details such as the way in which the room numbers are written.
Interplay of perspectives and materials, the building today is a poetic world where design expresses itself. Old stones mix with modern materials and sparingly-added pops of colour are revealed by tricks of the light.
Every detail creates this very particular ambiance, enabling the building to subscribe to an idea of a second home telling a story of life.
5-star hotel with pool and gourmet restaurant
Recounting everything that the building has experienced, from Antiquity to modern times, the luxury hotel offers real 5 star comfort.
The bedrooms and suites, on the themes "Provençale","Monacale" and "Christian Lacroix" combine comfort and discovery.
During your stay, you can enjoy taking advantage of the gourmet restaurant, the outdoor pool, the lounges or perhaps the bar, where you can get together for a drink, just as the residents of yesteryear would have done.
Outside, the timelessness of the place asserts itself naturally and invites the guests on a delightful walk through the cloisters and the gardens, with their Mediterranean plants such as thyme, lavender and rosemary.
Located in Arles town-centre, the hotel restaurant fits in perfectly with this historic neighbourhood. In a tranquil area, except during the famous Féria bull-fighting festival and the music festival, the hotel also benefits from the beautiful cultural dynamic of the town.
Facilities and services
The hotel offers the following facilities:
- 5 star hotel, member of MGallery
- Located in Arles town-centre
- 52 rooms including 11 suites and junior suites
- 24-hour room service
- Gourmet restaurant
- Cinq Mondes SPA: 4 treatment rooms including one double room for couples, a jacuzzi, a sauna, Turkish baths with a body scrub bench, a lounge room looking onto the cloistered gardens and tea room (Opening december 2014)
- 24m2 gym with Technogym equipment: Treadmill, bike, cross-trainer, exercise bench (Opening december 2014)
- Outdoor pool within a green garden, and surrounded by a very pleasant sun deck. It is heated and open during fine weather from 9am to 8pm. Towels are available next to the pool - Dear Guests, our pool and garden will exceptionaly be closed on July the 17th from 5.00pm
- 3 lounges
- Air conditioning
- Satellite television
- Upon request: equipment for babies, electrical adaptors, shaving kits and dental kits
- A laundry service is available on request from Monday to Saturday, except for national holidays. We kindly ask you to leave your clothes in the bag provided, to attach the completed form before 9am and to let us know
- Concierge service / valet service
- Room service: a room service menu is available. Orders taken from 11am to 10pm.
- Breakfast: whether sweet or savoury, try all our delicious treats and start your day in the healthiest way possible. Our buffet is served from 7am to 10.30am. In-room breakfast available.
- Organisation of seminars seminars and receptions
The provencal market is held on the boulevard in front of the hotel every Saturday morning.
The acces to the hotel is limited and highly recommended walking. Thank you for your understanding.
News and press
Hotel Jules César welcomes you all year long with special events.
- Our snacking is now opened daily from 11am to 8pm in the pool garden. You can savour Camargue plate, wrap, skewer and desert under the lime tree.
Dear guests, our pool and garden will exceptionaly be closed on friday the 7th of July. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Do not hesitate to visit :